Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in 1957. Since its inception, the department has contributed in a big way to the society by providing technical manpower for various fields in India and abroad. Around 4000 graduates and 300 post graduates from the department are settled in very good positions all over the Globe. At present, the department is proud to get best merit students in the region. The faculty of the department continues to provide new frontiers of technical knowledge to the students by imparting quality education and research. The UG course is keeping pace with the latest developments in engineering education. Courses offered by the department are AICTE approved. Presently, Dr. Paramjit Singh Bilga is Head of Department.